The Forgiven Mistake

Evening clouds were settling in darkness as I was drowning myself in a bottle of whiskey and in million mind freezing memories.

No sooner the alcohol took over my blood then my fingers found the courage to dial a number which was long buried on the phone – just to hear her voice for one last time, similar to what I decide almost every night. I crossed my heart and swore that this is the last time I’m making this call. 

She didn't answer, perhaps she knew that I was drunk again. So I dropped a WhatsApp message apologizing.

But tonight it wasn’t for the faults in me or the mistakes I made or even for the promises she broke.

I made an apology for not attending her wedding.

I did receive her response. She expressed her gratitude this time and I was forgiven – I received her forgiveness in double blue ticks.

'Sometimes, they get to stay in your heart, but they are not meant to stay in your life. Sometimes, the reason to stay and the reason to walk away is the same, it's love. Sometimes, we are just not meant for do-or-die.' I explained myself as I begged myself to stay strong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Reason to Love is - Love!

It’s nobody’s fault